Fidelis Capital Markets (Fidelis) collects and verifies the personal identification data of all our account holders. Fidelis logs and tracks all the transactions that are carried out by our clients.
In order to open a trading account with Fidelis, applicants must provide a valid form of government-issued identification (Driver’s License, Country/State ID, or Passport), a proof of residence. In addition, traders must submit a completed account application.
Account Opening Document Requirements
The following are acceptable forms of photo identification:
- A valid passport
- Valid government ID, such as a Driver’s License or State ID
- Valid National Identity Card
Proof of Residence
The following are acceptable forms of proof of residence:
- All proof of residences must be current and not older than 3 months.
We must be able to understand the language shown on your Photo ID and Proof of Residence. Please provide an English translation of your documents so that we can verify your identity.
Bank Account Requirements
All Fidelis account holders MUST have a valid bank or credit card account in their name.
The bank statement should show their name and the same registered address as their application.
Funds Withdrawal Procedures
The withdrawal process at Fidelis is detailed below is structured around strict guidelines to make sure that funds are securely sent back to their originating source and beneficiary.
- Fidelis customers must complete a withdrawal request containing their correct account information
- All withdrawal forms are submitted to Fidelis accounts department for processing. Our Accounts department confirms the account balance, verifies that there are no holds or withdrawal restrictions on the account, and then approves the withdrawal request, pending compliance approval.
- Fidelis Accounts department reviews all withdrawal requests, verifying the original funds are withdrawn via the same method of deposit and to the account holder on file. Our accounts department examines the withdrawal request against the customer’s deposit history to make sure there is no suspicious activity, and verifies the bank account on file.
- Withdrawal requests approved are processed by the accounts department and the funds are released to the client.
- In the event that a withdrawal is flagged for suspicious activity, the withdrawal is placed on hold, pending further investigation by Fidelis.
- Fidelis will work with our Compliance department to see if further action needed and if any relevant regulatory bodies need to be contacted.
AML Policy Details
- Fidelis monitors funding from various bank accounts outside of the account holder’s home country.
- Fidelis performs its actions on the basis of the anti-money laundering framework set forth by the FMA.
- Fidelis neither accepts cash deposits nor disburses cash under any circumstances.
- Fidelis does not accept third-party deposits of any kind.
- Fidelis matches each deposit to the account name on file for that customer.
- Fidelis reserves the right to refuse processing a transaction at any stage where it believes the transaction to be connected in any way to money laundering or criminal activity. In accordance with international law, Fidelis is not obligated to inform the client if suspicious activity is reported to any corresponding regulatory or legal bodies.
Account Opening Procedures
Prior to opening an account, Fidelis shall document the identity, nature of business, income, source of assets if applicable, and investment objectives of each prospective customer.
While we welcome clients from all over the globe, governmental restrictions along with our company policies prohibit Fidelis from opening accountsoriginated from Europe, Belize and USA.